Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
Sir Winston Churchill.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of my Dental School (Pontificia Universidad Javeriana). Besides the fact that it was amazing and exciting to see my fellow colleagues a feel of anxiety and intrigue accompany me through my three a hours and a half ride from Orlando to Miami. Questions like How are they? What are they doing? How old do they look? Are they Married/Divorce? and then I ask myself more philosophical question. Have they accomplished there main goals? Are they happy with what they are doing? What are there future dreams?

Then I thought, the heck with that, this is a celebration !!!!!!!!!

The Meeting was at the wonderful Biltmore Hotel and I would say that approximately one hundred people attended. We had the people from REGRESA (A Nonprofit Organization), whose main goal is to collect funds to help students with financial needs. Pretty amazing I would say; then that will to do something click in my mind once more (what can we really do to help or better what can I do to help).

So as simple as it may sound, I had the opportunity to go through dental school (which by the way, was a Blast !!!!!!), I achieved my American Dream, then, isn't time to help that future student, the new generation of dentist, the one that hopefully in the near future will do the same for a fellow colleague, for our beautiful profession?
The answer was easy........

The point of this Post is not to encourage anyone to give money, is to be grateful to many people that have given us, time of their time to fulfill our goals. Those that encourage us, were dedicated, were patient, and why not, even our Dental Patients.

This post is dedicated to all those wonderful professors that I had, to the staff and to my fellow classmates which I always carry in my heart.

Hope to see everyone in the 100th Anniversary of our School !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment